Lets see the main features of Android ICS RC1 version
- Android x86 4.0 RC1 is based on Android 4.0.3 ICS
- Support for Multi-touch, Wifi, Audio, Bluetooth, G-sensor and Camera.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration for AMD Radeon and Intel chipsets
- Linux Kernel 3.0.8 with KMS enabled - most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- Simulate sdcard by internal storage
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted to /mnt/USB on plugging
- Experimental support of Renderscript
- A text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems
- Hybrid ISO (you can dump the iso into a usb drive using "dd if=android-x86-4.0-xxx.iso of=/dev/sdX")
if you don't have a tablet or a notebook,still you can test the RC1 version without an internet connection using virtual box.but Ethernet is not working for now.
DOWNLOAD Android 4.0 x86
Android 4.0 RC1 was tested on some official devices.AMD Brazos (MSI 110W), Asus EeePC or some Asus laptops/tablets and Tegav2 / Viewpad 10.but it should work on other x86 devices too.you can see the supported hardware list by clicking the following link.
Download the specific version from Google code
CLICK HERE TO VISIT DOWNLOAD PAGE
To install, write the ISO on an USB stick using Unetbootin, Linux Live USB Creator (LiLi) or using the command line (example: "dd if=android-x86-4.0-RC1-eeepc.iso of=/dev/sdX", where "sdaX" is your USB drive).check the installation guid for more info.
For installation tutorial on Virtual box.read my article by clicking HERE
News via Notebookcheck.net and WEB UPD8